Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4 +
• 800g PGI Welsh Lamb leg or chump steaks (or boneless neck fillets), cut into cubes
For the marinade
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• ½ tsp paprika
• 6 sprigs thyme leaves, chopped
For the summer vegetable couscous
• 200g couscous
• Juice and zest of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp chopped mint (keep some for garnish)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 small courgettes, sliced
• 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
• Handful mangetout, sliced
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp dried herbs
• 50g feta cheese, crumbled
• Aioli to serve
1. Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl or a zip sealed freezer bag, add the cubes of lamb, refrigerate and allow to marinate for 30 minutes (1 hour if using the neck fillet).
2. After marinating, thread the cubes onto skewers and allow to reach room temperature.
3. Cook the couscous as instructed on the pack, then stir in 1 tbsp of olive oil, the mint, and the juice and zest of the lime. Cover and allow to stand.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, the garlic powder and dried herbs and use to brush over the prepared vegetables.
5. Cook the kebabs on a griddle plate, BBQ or grill and cook for approximately 10 - 12 minutes, turning occasionally (or cook to your liking).
6. While the kebabs are cooking, heat a griddle pan or place on the solid plate on the BBQ and cook the vegetables for a few minutes each side, keeping them nice and crunchy.
7. Serve the kebabs with the couscous, topped with the chargrilled vegetables and crumbled feta, chopped mint and a dollop of aioli.